It was in July of 1965 that famed rock group The McCoys would release their hit single “Hang on Sloopy” – the song that would go onto become the unofficial anthem for the state of Ohio. How the song gained such popularity in the buckeye state is uncertain though many legends have circulated over the years. One story goes that a group of upperclassmen regulars at a popular Columbus bar started the tradition by taking advantage of the house rule that whoever placed a coin next to the juke box got pick of the next song. By gathering hundreds of coins and forming a line that wrapped around the bar, the group was given complete control of the jukebox and “Hang on Sloopy” was played all day long.
Be Ohio proud – whether it means going hard in the streets of Columbus or hanging out in the great Ohio countryside. Once an Ohioan, always an Ohioan. This incredibly soft hoodie perfectly captures the spirit of Ohio so you can keep your home state in your heart wherever you go. Get yours today.
- Soft to the touch
- Hoodie with draw cords
- Kangaroo pocket
- 50% polyester, 46% cotton, 4% rayon
Sizing & Fit
- Unisex fit
- Small- Chest 36" to 38". Waist 28" to 30"
- Medium- Chest 39" to 41". Waist 31" to 33"
- Large- Chest 42" to 44". Waist 34" to 36"
- Extra Large- Chest 45" to 47". Waist 37" to 39"
- 2XL- Chest 48" to 50". Waist 40" to 42"
- Men - sizing runs small so order up a size if you are between sizes
- Women- sizing runs a bit large so order down a size if you are between sizes