University of Northern Iowa - Panthers Logo - Men's Hoodie - Grey
It was on September 8, 1931 that an article appeared in the UNI student newspaper, the College Eye, calling for a serious change: the school_„Žs athletic teams needed a new nickname. At the time, UNI was a teacher_„Žs college and so for years opposing schools had referred to them as the Tutors, the Teachers, or the Pedagogues but nothing that truly captured the spirit of the school. At the insistence of students and faculty alike, a contest was held to choose the new name with the winner being awarded a leather briefcase from the Berg Drug Company. After pouring through submissions, it was Burl Berry, a center on the football team, who would win the contest with _„ñthe Purple Panthers._„? The _„ñpurple_„? would later be dropped but the spirit of the Panthers would never die.
Remind everyone why fans of the University of Northern Iowa are the best in the Midwest with this insanely soft hoodie. Whether you_„Žre headed down to the UNI-dome or watching the big game from abroad, this hoodie is the coolest and most comfortable way to show your pride. #UNIFight
- Soft to the touch
- Hoodie with draw cords
- Kangaroo pocket
- Machine washable, tumble dry
- Printed in the USA
- 50% polyester, 46% cotton, 4% rayon
Sizing & Fit
- Unisex fit
- Small- Chest 36" to 38". Waist 28" to 30"
- Medium- Chest 39" to 41". Waist 31" to 33"
- Large- Chest 42" to 44". Waist 34" to 36"
- Extra Large- Chest 45" to 47". Waist 37" to 39"
- 2XL- Chest 48" to 50". Waist 40" to 42"
- Men - sizing runs small so order up a size if you are between sizes
- Women- sizing runs a bit large so order down a size if you are between sizes