Nicknamed “The Igloo”, The Civic Arena in downtown Pittsburgh opened in 1961 and became home to Steel Town’s hockey champions six years later. Known for having the first retractable roof of any major-sports venue in the world, the dome covered 170,000 square feet and took nearly 3,000 tons of Pittsburgh steel to construct. From 1967 to 2010, The Civic Arena was the place to be to watch the boys in Black and Yellow smash their competition on the ice time and time again.
Though closed in 2010 due to its being too small to support the town’s rapidly growing fanbase, The Civic Arena will forever hold a place in the hearts of longtime fans. Pay tribute to a Pittsburgh classic with this insanely soft tee and get yours today.
- 50% cotton, 25% polyester, 25% rayon
- Machine washable, tumble dry
- Printed in the USA
- Fabric laundered to reduce shrinkage
Sizing & Fit Details
- Unisex sizing
- Men- We recommend sizing up from your usual t-shirt size
- Women- We recommend sizing down from your usual t-shirt size
- Small- 36" Chest, 27.5" Length
- Medium- 39" Chest, 28.5" Length
- Large- 42" Chest, 29.5" Length
- XL- 45" Chest, 30.5" Length
- 2XL- 49" Chest, 31.5" Length