For over 60 years, Cy the Cardinal has been leading the charge for all Iowa State athletic teams. Because a cyclone was too difficult to depict in costume form, athletic officials had to get creative when choosing a mascot. Taking inspiration from the school’s official colors (cardinal and gold), the cardinal-like bird mascot took the university by storm when it was introduced at the 1954 homecoming pep rally. A contest was conducted to choose a name for the new mascot and was won by Mrs. Ed Ohlsen who suggested “Cy.”
Sometimes cute, sometimes fearsome, Cy has become the perfect symbol for all things Iowa State. Show your ISU pride today and grab this insanely soft hoodie from Garage Cotton. Whether you’re catching a little bit of “Hilton Magic” down at Hilton Coliseum or cheering your Cyclones onto another victory at Jack Trice Stadium, this tri-blend hoodie is the way to go.
- Soft to the touch
- Hoodie with draw cords
- Kangaroo pocket
- Machine washable, tumble dry
- Printed in the USA
- 50% polyester, 46% cotton, 4% rayon
Sizing & Fit
- Unisex fit
- Small- Chest 36" to 38". Waist 28" to 30"
- Medium- Chest 39" to 41". Waist 31" to 33"
- Large- Chest 42" to 44". Waist 34" to 36"
- Extra Large- Chest 45" to 47". Waist 37" to 39"
- 2XL- Chest 48" to 50". Waist 40" to 42"
- Men - sizing runs small so order up a size if you are between sizes
- Women- sizing runs a bit large so order down a size if you are between sizes