From October 8 th to October 10th of 1871, the city of Chicago was on fire – literally. A mysterious blaze appearing to originate from a small farm within the city and soon spread to the entirety of the city. Aided by predominantly wood-based construction, a recent draught, and highly flammable tar roofs, the fire would claim roughly 3.3 square miles of land before it was through. The city was devastated, but Chicagoans refused to surrender. A massive rebuilding effort was soon underway, setting a precedent for worldwide construction. Two decades later, with the city full reconstructed, Chicago was chosen as the sight for the World’s Columbian Exposition (also known as The World’s Fair) and the city once again cemented itself as one of the great symbols of American excellence.
Today, the many contributions of Chicagoans continue to shape the country. Where would we be without twinkies, the cell phone, or deep dish pizza? Show some love for The Windy City in style with this stylish pullover and get yours today!
- Lightweight cotton blend material
- Machine washable, tumble dry
- Printed in the USA
- 60% cotton, 40% polyester
Size & Fit
- True to size.
- Small- Width 19", Length 24". Fits sizes 2-4
- Medium- Width 21", Length 25". Fits sizes 6-8
- Large- Width 22", Length 26". Fits sizes 10-12
- XL- Width 24", Length 27". Fits size 14
- 2-XL- Width 25.5", Length 28". Fits size 16